This is more than just dining. Thanks to the passion of talented chefs, a trip through Virginia’s Cultural Region is a foodie adventure.
Comfort food for all! Find out how celebrated chefs and popular eateries put a new twist on the classics in Virginia’s Cultural Region.
- Indulge in sweet simplicity at Dairy Godmother Frozen Custard and Nostalgic treats, an Obama family favorite in Alexandria’s Del Ray.
- Bobby Flay’s Bobby’s Burger Palace in Woodbridge is for true burger lovers, featuring a new creation every month. Will the Burger of the Month feature red hot sauce and spicy rémoulade or goat cheese and Meyer lemon honey mustard sauce? Who knows!
- Head to Alexandria’s Del Ray and Arlington’s Shirlington or Ballston neighborhoods for what Food and Wine deems the Best Mac and Cheese in the U.S at Cheesetique.
- Have a Grandma appreciation moment with buttermilk biscuit everything at Stomping Ground in Alexandria’s Del Ray.
Get it while you can! Pop-up cuisine and street food concepts brings new flavors to the Cultural Region.
- Award-winning chef Victor Albisu is expanding his popular Taco Bamba Taqueria standup takeout counter concept, serving tacos in both traditional and chef-driven styles for just $3 or $4 each. Translation: delicious. From distant cultures to your plate, you’re about to speak the language of international cuisine.
- Renowned Chef José Andrés shares a different side of his native country’s classical and contemporary Spanish cuisine, including tapas, savory paellas, superb sangrias and more at Arlington’s Jaleo.
Fresh, fancy and fabulous. Once-forbidden cocktails and sophisticated farm fare elevate dining to an art in Virginia’s Cultural Region.
- Savor the creations of acclaimed chef Cathal Armstrong at his restaurants including Society Fair, an “epicurean emporium” in Alexandria featuring a wine bar, coffee bar, baker and demo kitchen; and PX Lounge, an elegant 1920s-inspired speakeasy cocktail lounge.
- Enjoy fine dining in a glass-enclosed atrium overlooking the Potomac River at The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm, on one of the first certified organic farms in Virginia. James Beard nominee Chef Tarver King creates three innovative menus that each focus on ingredients sourced on the farm: Grown, Raised and Found.
- Make a reservation at one of Alexandria’s latest hot spots, including chef Brian Rowe’s Southern immersion cuisine at Magnolia’s on King and exquisitely crafted cocktails at the cozy Palm Lounge upstairs.